Need to apply for a visa? We can assist!
A student visa is an endorsement by the immigration authorities on your passport. It indicates that you are allowed to enter the country and stay to study for a specified period of time.
You can generally begin your student visa application once you receive confirmation of your enrolment in your chosen school or university. It’s best to apply as early as possible, regardless of when your program is due to start, as visa processing times can vary. There are several steps to applying for a student visa.
The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary according to where you are planning to study. IDP can direct you to official websites to make sure you have the latest application forms. The team can also direct you to authorized immigration representatives. The processes and requirements that international students must meet to be eligible for a student visa differ from country to country.
Most students will require evidence of:
- Proof of enrolment in a recognized educational institution
- Proof of your capacity to cover the cost of airfares, course tuition fees, and living costs for the duration of your stay.
- A passport is valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay.
- You may also be required to show evidence of your English language proficiency and undertake health examinations and/or police checks.
- Your EDvantage Counsellor can provide you with information about what documents you will need to provide.
All documents need to be scanned and certified and certified translations may be required based on the country you’re applying for.